I am a psychopharmacologist -- a psychiatrist who specializes in psychiatric medication. I primarily see patients with mood and anxiety disorders and attention-deficit disorder.
I emphasize an evidence-based approach to diagnosis and management of psychiatric problems. I particularly value the role of education in medicine and pay special attention to explaining the current biological understanding of where and how symptoms arise and how psychiatric medications work.
- Undergraduate degrees in Biological Science and English Literature from Cornell University.
- M.D. from University of California Los Angeles (UCLA Regents Scholarship).
- Psychiatric internship and residency at Stanford Medical School and Hospital.
- NIMH research fellowship in psychopharmacology and mood disorders at Stanford Medical School.
- Private practice in Palo Alto, CA since 1999.